Middle School Studio
At The Forest School we believe in digital citizenship and the use of technology to enhance learning and to support the work environment. Technology includes Chromebooks, cell phones, the internet, desktop computers, cameras, iPads/tablets, or other electronic devices.
I agree that:
- I will keep myself safe by not giving out my personal details including my name, telephone number, address, password, or picture.
- I will be respectful in how I talk to and work with others online. I will never write or participate in online bullying, and I will report any such activity to my Guide or parent/caregiver.
- I will be considerate and careful when using technology at school, so not to damage the equipment or to interfere with the work of others that has been saved electronically.
- I understand the security, care, and maintenance of my personal device is my responsibility. I will place my device in a safe place when not in use.
- I will not download or use programs that my Guide did not approve for instructional use, including games. However, I am welcome to put forth potential apps and downloads to the Guides and middle school learners for approval.
- I will talk to a Guide or another adult if:
- I need help online.
- I come across websites which are not appropriate for school or are just for adults.
- Someone writes something I don’t like, or makes me feel uncomfortable, or asks for information that I know is private.